Monday, October 6, 2008

Nate's Practice Cake

Cake making is my official new hobby. I spent every waking second I had today (which was close to 5 hrs) creating my first "masterpiece". It turned out pretty good but it still needs a lot of work. This was my practice round for Nate's first birthday. I am going to start making homemade cakes for all of our kids birthdays every year. You'll see below in an earlier post Cayman's 2nd birthday cake.

I also plan on making a cupcake size cake on each of their actual birthdays and taking it to them in bed when I wake them up. I will put one little candle on it and sing happy birthday after I sneak into the room. I plan to just spend 10 or 15 min with them privately and just let them to know how special they are to me. I'm trying to decide what a good age for this would be. I'm thinking 3 or 4. I can't wait...I think it will be such a precious memory for me and for them. And for those of you who think cake is a bad idea for breakfast I plan on making a banana bread cake...something you all ready eat for bfast anyways, but definately some yummy icing all over it.













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - that looks awesome!!! Good job!!!

Janet said...

Very impressive! You should consider starting a business. I'd hire you! I found your blog on Valinda's. It's very fun!